Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Comb painting

We had so much fun creating an ocean today!  I decided to use combs to try and create waves in the blue paint.  It was great in theory.  The boys had lots of fun exploring the different patterns with different combs.  Little Monkey really enjoyed this craft and was very focused on covering his whole paper in blue paint.  Little Princess even got in on it!  She was a little more interested in eating the comb, so we tried to focus on slapping it down on the paper.  We ended up a little blue, but had lots of fun.





Once the papers were covered we put them aside to dry.  They took all nap time and into snack time to dry!  We may have used a little lot too much paint.  The papers were curled up so it looked a bit like a fish bowl.  I went looking through my stickers and found some fish and seashell ones.  We added them and some of our crayon fish.


We really had a lot of fun with this one.  It was great to watch the children explore the combs and all the different things they could do with them.  They impressed me by using every part of the combs and the concentration they used to make their ocean scenes!  
What a great day!
We are going to try and make some Canada Day crafts in the next few days.  I haven't fully decided what we are going to do....but I am sure I will come up with something :)


No comments:

Post a Comment