Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Oh Canada

Today we made Canadian flags!  Little Monkey enjoyed making the button rainbow so much that I finally figured out another craft to incorporate buttons! The boys had lots of fun creating their own flags.  I have some smaller flags, that we take with us to the Canada Day parade, that I showed the boys.  We talked about the colours on it and where the colours were (ex. red on the outside, white in the middle).  We also talked about the maple leaf in the middle and that it was also red.  I already had a maple leaf template from doing fall leaves so I used that one.  I cut a piece of card stock in half so that one piece made two flags.

I pre-taped the lines for the two outside stripes of the flag and the maple leaf.  We did the button maple leaf first.


We painted the outside lines next.  I didn't get a picture of it because once I explained where they were to paint, it went pretty quick!  Little Monkey was concentrating so hard to keep the red paint to the outside only.  I wish I had gotten a picture of it because he was quite focused!  I was so impressed with how well both boys did painting within the lines!  They were pretty excited to see the finished product. Little Monkey keeps telling me his is 'the same' as the actual flag I used as an example.  
Little Cousin

Little Monkey

I am going to attempt a maple leaf tee-shirt with Little Monkey after supper tonight.  If I can find a white tee-shirt for Little Princess she will also make one! :)
I hope everyone has a nice Canada Day tomorrow, and those in the United States, I hope you have a great Independence Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment