Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Sequencing with stamps

Day 2 of Valentine's Day themed crafts!  Today we did sequencing with Valentine's themed stamps.  I picked up 5 at the dollar store the other day.  Little Monkey has really enjoyed stamping lately so he was really excited to do this one.  I printed out a table (4 rows 7 columns) that I made in pages (or word if not on a mac).   I started 3 sequences for Little Monkey and let him finish them.  I left the last row blank for him to create his own sequence.  He loved it and did great!  He didn't really create his own sequence on the last row, but he had fun so I didn't worry about it.  When he was done I let him flip the paper over and stamp all over the place.









For Little Princess, I just let her do her own thing.  I gave her a sheet with a bunch of boxes on it and showed her what to do.  She thought it was the greatest thing!  Every time she put the stamp to the paper, I would say 'push, push, push'.  It wasn't long before she started trying to say 'push' every time she put her stamp to the paper.  She also really enjoyed trying to get the lids back on the stamps.  






Up next, some silly love Monsters!
                                                 

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute! My oldest loves practicing patterns and stamps are a great way to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a lot of fun with it! It is so fun to see their little minds working it out and figuring out what comes next.

    ReplyDelete